Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Oh little girl...

It will be hell for me if we ever have to use the cry it out method with Lauren.
The father of the children once said to me "and you thought Evelyn was clingy..."
This little girl recognizes her mother, and would continue to cry and cry and cry when her father holds her at night.
On the nights when it's my turn to put her sister to bed and her father's turn to take care of her, she would cry persistently in his arms, no matter what he does. He'd walk her, rock her, sing to her, talk to her, all to no avail. She would cry out tears (not an easy feat for a two months old), cry herself hoarse, cry until she coughs, and finally tire herself out and cry herself to sleep. That could easily take an hour.
Upstairs, I'd be struggling to read stories with the usual embellishments and high spirits for the older one while feeling dragged down by the cries of the little one. It tears at me even though I know she's in good hands. The cries pull at me, and I have to force myself to focus only on the older one who also needs my full attention and love.
Stubborn, determined, and only two months old. Wonder what the future holds.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Hi Peishan! What if you give your husband one of your shirts to put over his shoulder while he holds the baby. Maybe your smell from the shirt will calm her. Enjoying the blog! and good luck.