Thursday, October 08, 2009

Still waiting

38 weeks and still going. Still waiting. Still wondering.
Evelyn was induced at 37th week because of my high blood pressure and a mildly elevated protein level in my urine. At 37th week and a few days this time, I was sent over to the hospital for more blood work and a non-stress test because of the exact same issues. But this time, even though the 24 hour urine collection test (3rd such test I did during this pregnancy) showed that the protein level is again mildly elevated, I only received a stricter bed rest order and more "we'll keep a close eye on you" answers. We're suspended in uncertainties of what is to come, going from check up to check up. Unknowing is a hard position to be in.

Bed rest is hard. Only a few days in and I feel like my left ear is permanently mushed into my head, my hair will forever have a flat lopsided look, and my left hip would never be rid of the soreness that comes from supporting my weight hour after hour. I have no idea how other moms do it. As much as I complain, I must be honest and admit that lying down is indeed the most comfortable position for me right now. It makes my irregular contractions (Braxton-Hicks still) little less uncomfortable, and takes the pressure from the baby's weight off some.

Checking the calendar, we have but 2 more weeks to go before the due date. Dear baby #2, I'll leave it up to you. Come when you are ready. But please, don't dally!

No comments: