Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Meal time II

Evelyn ate edamame the other day.
I boiled them in their pods, so to eat them, you'll have to squeeze the beans out of the pod. A fun a novel approach that met Evelyn's approval. But in order to play with the pod, I told her she'd have to eat the beans. And she did. By plopping the beans into her mouth, take a swing of her milk, and swallow the beans like they are vitamin pills. Whole and un-chewed. Righty oh.
"Chew it," her father urged.
"But I don't like it that way," she replied with a bean in her mouth ready to be swallowed.
I watched in disbelief. That is supposedly how her father ate his green beans when he's little. And here she is, doing it without him teaching her. Is it really in the genes?

So then, the question is does this cop out method count as eating a veggie?

1 comment:

Ariella said...

I say yes, it does count! The enzymes are making it into her digestive system; mission accomplished!