Saturday, August 22, 2009

Two year olds are hard to understand.

I don't know if all two-year-olds are like this, but mine loves princess stories and Star War, and is torn between being a Yoda or Snow White this Halloween. Mine likes to say she's a bad guy or wicked witch, cast a spell or roar at you, and then hurry over to comfort you if you showed any signs of being afraid. She wants to capture any insect she spotted, loves animals, but also can't wait to bite into the lobster that is still waving its claws at her. While she does not like to watch sports, she is mesmerized by track competitions ("I want to see them run"). She adores adventure movies, loves to pretend fight, but would also cry over a sad song. In fact, after watching Dumbo today, she climbed into my lap, asked me to sing Baby Mine so she can bury her face into my embrace, and shed real tears over the emotions the song evoked. And here I thought girls won't get so emotional until the hormones start raging around puberty. Silly me...

No comments: